CO2 Leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin0782

Reaction score
So yesterday I ran out of CO2. This was pretty surprising to me because I just got a refill 2 kegs ago. The tank before this one lasted for 7 or 8 kegs... Two variables are that I got a new regulator not long after my last CO2 refill. I also started using a (new to me) keg, a Firestone. I noticed that is has a smaller gas dip tube, and that it's plastic.

All I can think is that either the regulator is leaking somewhere (I did a soapy water test and couldn't find any leaks), maybe I just didn't have it tightened enough to the tank, or perhaps the gas in quick disconnect isn't quite fitting perfectly on my Firestone keg. When I first filled it and attached the gas it WAS clearly leaking gas from the quick disconnect (I could hear it) but I thought I fixed that. Jiggling the disconnect now I don't see any bubbles or hear any gas escaping. I'm using the same disconnects I use with my Pepsi keg, not sure if that matters.

Right now after getting a CO2 refill this morning the pressure reads 550 lbs on my regulator. Any thoughts on what else I could do to check for a problem would be appreciated.

One last thing, the gasket that you put in between the tank and the regulator, does it matter which way it sits in there?

Latest posts

Back