CO2 Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnpaddler

Reaction score
I am going back to kegging after a few years off from home brewing and i have forgotten a few things :)

#1.....I am going to force carbonate my dark ale in the keg while it is is the fridge and i cannot remember if you force CO2 for 3 or so days at 30 psi and then reduce to 10 psi for serving?

#2.....or-are you just better off to keep it at serving (10 psi) for a longer period of time and not force carbonate?

#3.....will the beer have better taste if you don't touch it for a month or longer instead of just a few days of force carbonation?

thanks for any response

I don't do the waiting game. I connect the CO2 at about 20 or so PSI to the out disconnect and shake the **** out of it for 8 minutes. For some reason I am getting really good efficiency cause most people say 20 to 30 minutes. Either way you should give it a day or so to settle and then it is good to go. Waiting is always a good recommendation except for a few styles. The more time it has to age the better it will taste in general.

:tank:

It is 30psi for 24 hours, then to serving pressure. Enjoy that beer!

Keg2- Oktoberfest
Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

thanks for the quick response.....i cannot wait for the co2 to do its work, i just tasted it with only 4 hours on 30 psi and it's already GREAT!

Back