Cloudy IPA after priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuiriCule

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post so would like to congratulate everyone on a great forum!! amazing.

I had a quick question that I was hoping to have some help with. I am brewing an IPA for the first time and whilst I was checking the gravity it was really clear and I was quite pleased with myself. I then reached my target gravity and primed and bottled. I primed with glucose, which I have never done before, and now the beer has gone really cloudy. It has been a couple of days and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Is this something that will clear after a week or so? Is it normal when priming with glucose??

It certainly will not stop me drinking it but was hoping for the lovely dark golden colour that it was originally. Any thoughts?

Was it a little cloudy going into the bottling bucket? Or after the glucose addition? You might've just sucket up some yeast & trub when racking to the bottling bucket. It usually settles out in a couple days ime.

Yeah, it's gonna get cloudy again in the bottle because a second mini fermentation is going on inside each one. Once the yeast are done consuming the priming sugars, they will drop back out.

As NordeastBrewer said, it will be cloudy while it's carbing due to the new yeast activity. You will also probably have chill haze until it's been in the fridge for 1-3 weeks. Chill haze has no taste so it's okay to drink it - it just looks a little cloudy. Also, keep in mind that heavily dry hopped beers, such as IPAs often have a permanent haze.

Wow, thats great. Thanks a million for the replies. I will wait a little and hopefully it will settle.

Thanks a lot

Back