Cloudy beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnyb73

Reaction score
Another noob question!!!!!
I bottled my first brew today:rockin: but I noticed that it was pretty cloudy. Is this normal?
It tasted fantastic but i'm questioning the clarity????:(

Kinda depends if you avoided getting the slurry from the bottom into your bottles.
That gunk is mostly spent yeast and can be avoided.
I usually do 1st and 2nd fermentation and then transfer the beer gently to a fresh container prior to bottling in order to avoid it.

Cheers!!!

I transfered a beer into a secondary and there was some pile of gunk left in the primary.

When i went to bottle there was allmost nothing down the end of my secondary.
I highly recomend the secondary process, even if you dont let it sit for a few days, just to get rid of the gunk.

I transfered a beer into a secondary and there was some pile of gunk left in the primary.

When i went to bottle there was allmost nothing down the end of my secondary.
I highly recomend the secondary process, even if you dont let it sit for a few days, just to get rid of the gunk.

Me too - the clarrification tank is a must for me, makes for a cleaner looking beer - either that or serve it in tankards :D

your fine. its just the yeast eating the priming sugar.

Edit: unless you did stir up the trub, but even then it wouldnt be in every bottle. if its every bottle your ok.

Totally normal. Get them carbed up, then get them in a cold fridge. The cold will help the haze coagulate and settle out.

get a conical. mine clogged today though :C no fun tryin to unclog with a coat hanger in some delicious triple belgian. cloging a siphon is an easy fix. try to leave as much hop in the brewpot as possible, put your specialties in a sachel, DEFFINANTLY put your "coriander" and "bitter orange peel" in a grain sachel. just ask your local hbs for a couple sachels, they usualy keep them in the back. hahaha

Back