Cloudy ale ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of brew was it and how long has it been sitting to clear? All my brews were cloudy till about a week after fermentation finished. I just give them approx.2 weeks in primary and they usually clear up by the end of the two weeks.

It fermented for a week then in a pressure barrel for 2 weeks now it's in bottles ( 3 rd day ) it's a Woodfordes real ale , werry . It's clearer now but still a bit cloudy 

You could've just left it in primary for 3 weeks or so to clean up & settle out clear. In bottles,mine have been found to take 3-7 days on average to settle out clear. Patience.

If your beer is cloudy at room temp, you just haven't waited long enough. They will settle out.

If your beer is just cloudy when chilled, that is chill haze. It is left over proteins in suspension. It will improve slightly with time, but generally you are just stuck with it. You can fix future batches with irish moss and chilling the wort from boiling to room temp a quickly as possible.

I've never been "stuck" with chill haze. Mine that did have it took on average 3-5 days for it to show up then clear in the fridge.

Back