Cleaning gas burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadu

Reaction score
I brew on a 4-ring LPG burner. Sadly I have had boilovers with the last couple of brews and the sticky wort ends up blocking the burner holes. You can see in the pic several holes aren't firing which is going to affect heating capacity and it otherwise just not ideal.

Anyone have any tips on cleaning these things? The instructions specifically said not to get water into the unit, but didn't say what to do about sticky wort everywhere.

IMG_20161130_115105[1].jpg

Well, it's iron, so you don't want to leave it sitting in a puddle ;)

You could try blasting it with a power washer up close and personal, then blow it out with a compressor or a shop vac output. Or go the usual route and poke each nozzle with a piece of coat hanger wire or a drill bit just smaller than the ID.

btw, that is an epically clogged burner...

Cheers!

Try running a small drill bit through the holes by hand. Wire brush the top surface and you should be good to go. I managed to plug a few holes in mine with lead the last time I cast some bullets and it cleaned up with this method.

That or get a piece of wire and poke it in the clogged holes. You can use an old toothbrush in-between the holes if you don't have a wire brush and it will also work.

Latest posts

Back