Cleaning better bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcbrewmeister

Reaction score
So I got most of my better bottle cleaned but there is still krausen residue on upper part of the better bottle and I can't get it off. I have tried soaking with oxyclean. Any suggestions?

Get a bottle brush and bend it so it will reach. Then order some PBW which you can use with real hot water and soak it..

I've had great results using Oxyclean (in a fairly high concentration) and warm water, but I always let it sit for at least a few days

I've had great results using Oxyclean (in a fairly high concentration) and warm water, but I always let it sit for at least a few days

I do this as well when I'm out of PBW.. The only draw back is you have to rinse it really well with very hot water to make sure you get the oxi completely out. I soak my fermentors for 4 or 5 days usually...

I just got a carboy cleaner that you attach to a drill. Not the sturdiest construction but does a good job and works for buckets too.

Edit: and it gets them back into the rotation instantly.

Back