Claw hammer supply vs. highgravitybrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashopis

Reaction score
Does anyone have opinions/info on comparing these two ebiab systems?

Last edited:
I don't have any info regarding clawhammer, but I can provide input on High Gravity as a company/service. Dave at High Gravity is very very responsive to any questions and issues I've had since buying his 3 vessel herms w/ ebc330 worthog panel. It's been a fantastic product that I've had for 2+ years now. There have been minor issues that just was me learning and one faulty temp probe that got replaced very quickly.

I am actually inquiring with him now about using my existing Worthog panel and using what I already have to purchase a 20 gallon kettle and have the option to do 10 gallon brew in a bag batches. I'll provide input if I end up doing that.

Ain't no one better than Dave! Had my system since October 2018 and have brewed about 25 times with it. My beers have never been better, easier and faster.
I didn't take care of the temperature cable and sent it back to Dave to repair and he repaired it free and sent it back next day mail. Emailed him a few times when I first got the system to ask newbie questions and he was uber fast in replying.

I have read and seen youtube videos by many Clawhammer happy users. I think you hear more about them because they advertise more and have more money to do so.

I’m running a bit of a Frankenstein BIAB rig: SS Brewtech 15 gal kettle, Blichman boilcoil, Worthog EBC130 240v controller, Chugger pump and The Brew Bag, which I love WAY more than its 3 vessel propane predecessor.

The controller works great and I have absolutely no complaints. I also called Dave at High Gravity a couple of time and his customer service was fantastic.

I'll just provide a little update on my last post... Last week Dave and I went back and forth for a few days over email discussing my order from I think June 2018 to see what I could use and repurpose to shift to eBiab from my 3 vessel eHerms. He answered questions, suggested a few things, and is doing a few custom drilled holes for free for me after I placed an order for a 20 gallon Spike kettle, 20 gallon boilcoil 240v, and a few misc. pieces plus a bag. I'll provide another update after I get my first brew on it. Looking forward to being able to sell off some of the other pieces to make back what I paid to upgrade and downsize at the same time.

Reusing the panel and a bunch of other stuff which made it really easy and fairly inexpensive for what I'm getting.

Oh dang, I just looked up BrewBoss and that COFI filter basket plus the lifting ring looks pretty sweet. I'd never seen that one before.

I've had mine for almost 2 years and if I could go back in time I would buy it all over again. Even over the newer eBIAB systems coming out nowadays.

Both are similar in design.
When I was shopping they were both on my list but I ended up with the brew-boss system and have been nothing but happy with it.

Cool! What were the deciding factors that led you to choose brew boss?

Cool! What were the deciding factors that led you to choose brew boss?

Controller design, as much or as little automation, auto power level control, basket design (COFI), customer support. Also cost did factor a little and I did buy during a sale a few years back. I really like the system. Only issue I have is that you really need to use a hop spider or else you will clog the whirlpool arm. But reaching out to Darin at Brew-Boss he suggested trying something to alleviate the issue which I may try on my next brew day.

I've had my high gravity eBIAB system for two years now and my only complaint really is with disassembling the boil coil for more in depth cleaning. I think I may go all tri clamp fittings eventually. It's a solid setup and you won't regret the purchase. Basic Brewing Radio pod cast also has a coupon code you can use to save some $.

Back