Circleville, Ohio Home Brew Club(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelsBrewing

Reaction score
Fellow home brewers,

Do you live in Circleville, Ohio or somewhere very close to Circleville such as Ashville, Laurelville, or Kingston? If so, would you be interested in creating or providing information for me to join a home brew club? I am from the area and I have recently moved back and I am looking to brew with like minds….
This is more of a “throw out the line and see what is biting” sort of thing…..

Cheers!

I live in northern Columbus and all I know of is SODZ. That group is on Facebook and someone may be apart of that brew club and be living down south.

My entire family is from the circleville/laurelville and they look at me like I'm crazy for homebrewing. Hopefully the craft can get bigger down there.

docsworld said:
I live in northern Columbus and all I know of is SODZ. That group is on Facebook and someone may be apart of that brew club and be living down south.

My entire family is from the circleville/laurelville and they look at me like I'm crazy for homebrewing. Hopefully the craft can get bigger down there.

Thanks for the info. I have been brewing for about 6 years and the endeavors I want to take on now require social gatherings and clubs. I have been in NE Ohio for the past seven years and home brewing is booming! I am so happy to be home but sad that the home brewing is at its infancy here in the SEOhio.

Thanks again,

Michael: I realize that your post is quite old, but a Google search for home brew clubs, Columbus Ohio turned you up. I live in Chillicothe, and have recently started the home brew hobby. Have you found a home brew club, and what is you opinion of it?
Bob

Bobb25,

I have started one myself however I have no members yet ;). It is called Salt Creek Home Brew Club. I am looking to meet people in the area with similar interests/ similar fit. Can you tell me a little about yourself? Brewing habits? Etc. ?

I am 33, Married, two children, work in state education, avid home brewer, and looking to brew with others who have similar situations/great love for beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Michael, I am twice your age, with three kids, and have been married almost 44 years. Held off home brewing until after I retired. I brewed my first batch, an American Wheat LME last November, ( the Kiss principal for starters) and family members that tasted it over the holidays thought it tasted good. I snowbird for 3 mos. in So. Florida, and now that I have returned, have a yeast starter going and plan to brew a California Steam beer on Thursday, since the cellar is cold enough for the fermentation. We have traveled around the country a bunch over the last few years, and in the process have visited about 35 microbreweries. I am committed to taking baby steps in the process of learning to brew, but my son has talked me into brewing a multi hopped IPA as my third brew.
Where are you in the brewing process?
(email might be easier and less public, I'm at: [email protected] )
Bob

I would enjoy the fellowship of a home brew club. I would prefer not to have to drive to Columbus for meetings, especially ones that would require me driving back after dark. At my age night time driving is becoming increasingly problematic. I am now in my third year of home brewing and recently racked my 12th home brew into a keg.

Well I live in Circleville and would enjoy brewing with other people currently I have a firestone walker union jack clone in the fermenter and I'm going to be racking it in to my secondary today. We should exchange information. You can reach me at [email protected] and we will go from there Cheers!

Back