Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Oreo Milk Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnobg

Reaction score
Looking for advice on how to accomplish a recipe of an idea I have. I want to brew two test batches of a Milk Stout but have one be "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" and one "Cookies and Cream" based. Looking for the best way to accomplish this using actual Cinnamon Toast Crunch and maybe Hershey Cookies and Cream bars. When would be the best time and way to do these ingredients to the beer to get the most flavor? Here is my base recipe Milk Stout I would use:

7 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (3.0 SRM) Grain 56.57 %
1 lbs Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 8.08 %
12.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
12.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
12.0 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
10.0 oz Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 5.05 %
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 4.04 %
0.35 oz Magnum [12.10 %] (60 min) Hops 18.4 IBU
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (10 min) Hops 4.3 IBU
1 lbs Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 8.08 %
1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale

Dang, I have Oreo Milk Stout high on my list of future brews. Subscribed to see how it works for you. My plan is to use the Left Hand Milk Stout Clone recipe from the forum here and add the oreos. I plan on adding a full package of Oreos with about 5 minutes left in the boil. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use a hop bag or filter the crumbs out while going to the fermenter. I think I will probably cut lactose in half since I'm adding so much sugar with the cookies.

Dang, I have Oreo Milk Stout high on my list of future brews. Subscribed to see how it works for you. My plan is to use the Left Hand Milk Stout Clone recipe from the forum here and add the oreos. I plan on adding a full package of Oreos with about 5 minutes left in the boil. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use a hop bag or filter the crumbs out while going to the fermenter. I think I will probably cut lactose in half since I'm adding so much sugar with the cookies.
Hey how did this come out? About to make my own Oreo Milk Stout in a similar fashion. Not sure when to add the Oreos honestly.

Looking for advice on how to accomplish a recipe of an idea I have. I want to brew two test batches of a Milk Stout but have one be "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" and one "Cookies and Cream" based. Looking for the best way to accomplish this using actual Cinnamon Toast Crunch and maybe Hershey Cookies and Cream bars. When would be the best time and way to do these ingredients to the beer to get the most flavor? Here is my base recipe Milk Stout I would use:

7 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (3.0 SRM) Grain 56.57 %
1 lbs Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 8.08 %
12.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
12.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
12.0 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 6.06 %
10.0 oz Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 5.05 %
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 4.04 %
0.35 oz Magnum [12.10 %] (60 min) Hops 18.4 IBU
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (10 min) Hops 4.3 IBU
1 lbs Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 8.08 %
1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale
How did the Oreo come out?