Cinnamon recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanx for the help ,I've got 1gal of homemade sweet cider left I think you have given me a great idea

Why not use real cinnamon? Put a very small amount in a coffee filter and pour vodka over it, or filter through a coffee filter after being soaked in neutral spirits. To me there is a huge difference in flavor, and I happen to prefer ground cinnamon.

Get some "real" cinnamon. Not pre-ground maybe not even those sticks they tell us are cinnamon. Don't settle for less than the real thing. You can trust me. I WATCHED A DOCUMENTARY:)

After a couple batches of caramel apple cider, I did a straight-up cinnamon variation. Instead of making a caramel syrup, I made a simple syrup and then added four pieces of cinnamon bark. I let it simmer for about 5 minutes and then let it steep until cool. Once cool, place the mixture in the refrigerator for about a week.

I should have left it at that, but, at the last minute, I added some a couple ounces of cheap Dekuyper Hot Damn!. It took a couple of weeks to mellow out, but it tastes fantastic now. In the future, I will either the leave out the Hot Damn! or try a vodka-based cinnamon mixture in conjunction with the steeped cinnamon syrup.

5 gallon batch. Kegged.

Latest posts

Back