Cider-Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CormanoWild

Reaction score
Heyo!
Got a question for you all. Made some Graffs a while back - around August - and it was pretty good. Saved a bottle and left it in a closet for a special occasion, had it a week or so back - mein gott! *Incredibly* good. Great recipe!

Now that it's winter, though, I feel that the smoothness of Graff might actually play against it. This time of year, I really want something big, black and somewhat bitter.

But, I still like brewing cider, just because of the cost/convenience factor, really - and the fact that all the females I've had sample my handiwork seem to prefer the ciders!

So my question is, now, has anyone ever tried what we might call an "Imperial Graff"? Darkly roasted, perhaps even chocolate malts, more hops than the original recipe calls for - I might even try adding coffee and chocolate chips directly to the secondary!

Anyone ever done a thing like this?

i have in my primary a batch of chocolate creme stout and i also have a batch of O'Graff in primary at the moment.
you can bet that these will be mixed.
4snakebite.jpg

subscribed

Heyo!
Got a question for you all. Made some Graffs a while back - around August - and it was pretty good. Saved a bottle and left it in a closet for a special occasion, had it a week or so back - mein gott! *Incredibly* good. Great recipe!

Now that it's winter, though, I feel that the smoothness of Graff might actually play against it. This time of year, I really want something big, black and somewhat bitter.

But, I still like brewing cider, just because of the cost/convenience factor, really - and the fact that all the females I've had sample my handiwork seem to prefer the ciders!

So my question is, now, has anyone ever tried what we might call an "Imperial Graff"? Darkly roasted, perhaps even chocolate malts, more hops than the original recipe calls for - I might even try adding coffee and chocolate chips directly to the secondary!

Anyone ever done a thing like this?

You should go for it! I am interested to see how that would turn out. I can see where the flavors may still be better if you mixed the stout and cider just before drinking but who's to say it cant be done sooner that would be awsome if it works out!

Keep us posted if you try.

-Cheers

Back