Christmas Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I want to make a christmas kit for someone for cider making. I obviously know how to make cider so that's not a big deal, but I'm curious how to include carbonation for their kit. Should I just have them sprinkle some baking soda in their cup with every pour? That was a trick we used for flat beverages previously.

This person probably won't want a c02 cartridge kit, so this gift will be a growler, airlock, yeast, sanitizer, etc for a "DIY kit"

Backsweetened or dry? If dry you could just provide priming sugar and a growler or bottles capable of handling the pressure (so a jug to ferment then bottles or a pressure capable growler).

Backsweetened - probably not possible for what you’re doing here.

Cool idea. I want to be your friend.

Classic dry carbonated cider might be the ticket here. Ferment dry, bottle with carbonation tablets. Simple and safe. Don't forget to include a hydrometer in the kit.

I think she likes dry cider, so maybe priming tabs would be good.

And sure, I could use one more friend :)

I think the easiest way to bottle cider is flip top bottles. You can get 16 or 32 oz. ones, too.

Back