Chinook hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravityspiral

Reaction score
I have a recipe (Sierra Nevada clone) calling for .75oz chinook hops for 60m boil. I don't have a scale, but I do have 1oz chinook.

Part of me wants to just use the whole ounce, part of me wants to have a slightly less bitter beer and just halve the ounce as close as I can eye it.

Any suggestions? It also has 1oz Perle at 20m and 2oz Cascade going in at the end. Those quantities are fine.

Fairly easy to eyeball hop quantities if you can put them in a small bowl. Take a butter knife and push off roughly 3/4 of whats in the bowl. I would go by the recipe for the bittering hop addition as you don't want a overly bitter pale ale, and you don't want it to be a light colored amber either.

Not a bad idea for 1/2 then 1/2 again, Jawbox - thanks. And solbes - yes, I need to get out of my habit of trying to change up recipes thinking I can do better, nice call.

Always stick to a recipe and change it The second time. That's how you get better

Back