China Beer Keg Supplier Ad at the top of this page?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you could dispose of bodies pretty easily too. Construction, warehouses, shipping containers.... WOW. You guys doing business with Lucas better pay up...on time! :cool:

How come there's no CSI LA? Like there's a shortage of actresses or something. Plus you always need a hot chick to kill at the beginning of the show. :drunk:

Sounds like it, but in reality Im a Silicon Valley keyboard jockey. I do governance and information security work at Logitech, its the family that does all the mafia related stuff!

But it would be a great life, that of a mobster....... if my wife ever leaves me and takes the kids, that'll be a different story...

Till then... we'll see about cheap and nice chinese kegs!

Cheers

lucas

I'm interested to see where this thread goes. I hoping some people around here get some nice kegs. Thanks for your time lucasszy.

I should have an initial cost email from the vendor soon. The moment I know specifics, I'll start a new thread for a group buy. Just so no one is surprised, I will need prepayment on all the kegs, as I dont want to get stuck with the ones that people flake on.

Very similar to the group buy for the whiskey barrels that Sacc and Infidel arranged.

Cheers

Lucas

Thats what I dont know about? If anyone can chime in on this that would help our greatly.

lucas

American standard keg should be use D typle valve.

You said you can buy a keg for $40 in China, however it's impossible because the weight of a 1/2keg is 13.6kg, and the ss304 market price per kg in China is 22rmb, thus material costs 299.2rmb= 43.4 usd. Also the "micro matic" brand valve cost 18-21 usd for each(they are from Dammark) Therefore the product cost is around $63. Of course,we also need to plus some material wastagle and labor fee. Fortunately, Chinese labor fee is much lower than US.

The conclusion is, If you get a $40 keg in China, the material and/or attachments must have some problem. Just an advise :)

You said you can buy a keg for $40 in China, however it's impossible because the weight of a 1/2keg is 13.6kg, and the ss304 market price per kg in China is 22rmb, thus material costs 299.2rmb= 43.4 usd. Also the "micro matic" brand valve cost 18-21 usd for each(they are from Dammark) Therefore the product cost is around $63. Of course,we also need to plus some material wastagle and labor fee. Fortunately, Chinese labor fee is much lower than US.

The conclusion is, If you get a $40 keg in China, the material and/or attachments must have some problem. Just an advise :)

Good to know. I recently got an email that they will have pricing for me shortly. This is also the reason why I asked for a sample unit. I could cut it up and check it out, then we'd go from there!

Cheers

Lucas

who's in for a bulk order of these?

1.8L stainless beer bottles!

cp12.jpg

Same supplier!

B

Where did this guy come from, Nigeria?

I'd bet a lot of people are willing to go without the valve to get NEW stainless fermenters around $50. Bung it, or use that triclover fancy thingy, or cut out the top anyway. It'd still be worth it to a bunch of people. (I'm guessing)

-OCD

Regardless, the vendor said that they dont do US style D kegs. I could look into kegs without the spears, but Im a bit annoyed as they first told me they do ALL style of Kegs. This is one of the things with Chinese businesses, they claim to do it all and rarely do!

I'll check on prices without the spears.

Cheers, and I will also look into another vendor that claims to be able to offer the same thing at the same price.

Cheers

Lucas

Regardless, the vendor said that they dont do US style D kegs. I could look into kegs without the spears, but Im a bit annoyed as they first told me they do ALL style of Kegs. This is one of the things with Chinese businesses, they claim to do it all and rarely do!

I'll check on prices without the spears.

Cheers, and I will also look into another vendor that claims to be able to offer the same thing at the same price.

Cheers

Lucas

Yep, the purpose they post beer keg pictures on website is to attract your eyes. However the factory cannot make beer keg if they do not have a certain capacity. To make a beer keg is not a easy thing. First of all the factory must have some molds for beer keg. Besides they must have facilities such as hydraulic machine with a big power. The most important thing is, they must have specialized workers.

In Chinese market, I know which companies can manufacture and export beer keg, however, majority of them are having an agent in U.S.

My experience told me, if you got a low price quotation such as $40 for a 1/2 keg, the factory do not have real capacity to make the keg. Another possibility is, they firstly use a low price to attract your eyes,then find some excuses to raise price.

Just an advise. Anyway wish you have a good luck! :mug:

That advertisement will quickly become worthless if this thread uncovers that kind of business. Other threads here quickly uncover bad businesses - and at least then the members of this board will likely not even attempt to do business with them.

So I talked to the vendor about kegs without spears, and the final say was that they do not make US size kegs, but if I was willing to generate drawings and schematics, they could look into custom production, but them I would need to order 1000's of pieces.

Like I said, I've run into this before with chinese manufacturers. I'll keep digging around and see what I can find.

Cheers

Lucas

Thanks for all your grunt work Lucas, if you need any help with anything send me a PM as I am extremely interested in getting a few kegs!

Back