Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCougfan97

Reaction score
I have a chance to sell and upgrade my wort chiller. I currently use a 50' copper immersion chiller for my 5-10 gallon batches.

Is a counterflow chiller the obvious upgrade?

I assume with my pump already available this would facilitate whirlpooling. My concern is sanitation. Are they easy to clean?

Where might I find the best CFC DIY how to?

I would think that the time it takes to clean the CFC would negate the use of it over a IC. I would look into a pre-chiller for the IC for use after getting temps under a 100°.

CF chillers don't even compare to immersion... they are WAY better.
I use a plate chiller, and love it with the exception of having to clean it/pre-filter the wort. The CF doesn't need pre-filtering, and is as easy to clean as any of your other equipment.

I just switched to a CFC from a IC don't know why I waited so long. It works super and is easy to clean and sanitize. I have a bottling bucket full of StarSan just hook it up to my pump and pump through the CFC and back to the bucket. Use the old IC for a prechiller. GO COUGS Hate the Fuskys and grew up in the U district.

Back