Child Labor and who else is guilty?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my niece helping me de-label and clean a butt load of bottles i had just picked up from craigslist.

5430901241_f6ca75e41a_z.jpg

My kids "help" by bitching about the smell. I thought my 8 year old daughter was going to lose it today when I racked my IPA to secondary. The youngest girl (4) thinks the IPA is "pretty...prettier than the old beer (porter)".

My 5yo loves to set the timer and throw in the hop additions. It's like Pavlov's Dogs. Then the 6yo is wondering where his brother is and get's pissed when he finds us and there are no more additions for him to toss in the boil. My 13yo daughter used to whine about the smell but is now happier with my burner/kettle purchase. I love making everyone happy through my equipment purchases.

My girls (8&10) have helped me in most of the operations - hop additions, hop harvest, grinding grain, bottling, racking, etc.

The older one was going through catechism a few years ago. They were talking about making bread. The teacher was talking about milled grains, yeast, etc. My daughter pipes up and says, "those are the ingredients WE use to make beer!" Needless to say, the church leaders didn't know whether to be aghast, or to laugh out loud!

Dave

Don't know how it was in y'alls house growing up but if I ate the food on the table, I was expected to do whatever the hell Dad or Mom wanted!

Seriously, yer building cool memories they will never forget.....

Or maybe it is like hulling bushels of field peas when I was a kid & they'll despise it. Aw heck take the chance.... Kids are great!

My youngest lives for measuring and grinding grain.

Here she is testing out the new kettle I got this spring:

2013-04-07-131126e-60033.jpg

Back