Chico, CA - Group brew day Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
Had a fantastic group brew day on Saturday...we had 4 brewers total, and made 35 gallons of beer! Had some great homebrew, microbrew, and BBQ...and I everyone had a great time. I just set up my equipment in the back of my truck which seemed to work out well. Good times!

Totally mobile 3 tier stand:
DSCF0159.JPG

People arriving to witness the greatness of brew:
DSCF0163.JPG

Mashing in on 10 gallons of Brown Ale:
DSCF0166.JPG

Heating sparge water...check out the mash recirculating coil:
DSCF0167.JPG

You two take a nice picture!
DSCF0173.JPG

5 gallons of Citrus Wheat coming to a boil:
DSCF0176.JPG

Love that CFC:
DSCF0181.JPG

All pitched and ready for the ride home:
DSCF0184.JPG

I hope you put a seatbelt on you child....ahem...I mean carboy....:tank: Looked like alot of fun.....

I did actually :). Not that it really needs it while driving...but if I were to crash, the only thing I'd really be pissed about was losing 5 gallons of delicious beer!

Dude, I'm digging that last picture in your first post of the hot liqour tank. That's your RIMS (HERMS?) setup, right. How well does it work for step mashes, and did you make it yourself (coils, welding, etc.)? Any complaints or things you might do differently? I'm looking at building my own setup, and I like what you've got going on there. Sorry about the slight threadjack.

Dude, I'm digging that last picture in your first post of the hot liqour tank. That's your RIMS (HERMS?) setup, right. How well does it work for step mashes, and did you make it yourself (coils, welding, etc.)? Any complaints or things you might do differently? I'm looking at building my own setup, and I like what you've got going on there. Sorry about the slight threadjack.

It's not my setup, but the guy hosting it...his screen-name is Caspio I think. It's a HERMS setup, and he has a magnetic drive pump with quick disconnects to recirculate the mash. He actually took his old immersion chiller and had the LHBS weld it into 1/2" bulkheads into the HLT. Pretty killer setup, and his next step is going to be building a single tier stand.

Looks like a ton of fun!!
Sweet!! I see the keggle held water.
How did that coil get wound so tight? I want one of those.
keep me posted I am coming to the next one!

Cheers
JJ

Looks like a ton of fun!!
Sweet!! I see the keggle held water.
How did that coil get wound so tight? I want one of those.
keep me posted I am coming to the next one!

Cheers
JJ

Not sure how the coil was wound that tight, but I think it was just one of the IC's at the LHBS. The keg worked beautifully, and the lid was very nice to have...nice work on that and thanks again. Next time will probably be in 2009 for me, but maybe one of the other guys will want to host. I'll ping you and let you know...should be a hell of a time.

Oh, BTW I plan on hosting a bbq/homebrew tasting sometime in december. I'll make sure to post the get together. Take care of that shoulder!

Not sure how the coil was wound that tight, but I think it was just one of the IC's at the LHBS. The keg worked beautifully, and the lid was very nice to have...nice work on that and thanks again. Next time will probably be in 2009 for me, but maybe one of the other guys will want to host. I'll ping you and let you know...should be a hell of a time.

Oh, BTW I plan on hosting a bbq/homebrew tasting sometime in december. I'll make sure to post the get together. Take care of that shoulder!

Oh he!! yaaaaa keep me posted. If I can make it I am so there.
good to here the kettle worked out.
As for the shoulder......Drugs, BEER and time!!! As Yoop said "Ale is what cures ya!!!!!" I tend to agree
cheers
JJ

Back