Chicago suburbs. Where it's cold, windy and filled with beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majawat

Reaction score
Hi all!

I live in the NorthWest suburbs of Chicago (Elmhurst, Lombard, Oak Brook, etc. area), where I moved here roughly 3.5 years ago. Anyone near me who wants to show me some ropes?

Finally making my first big-boy (aka not Mr. Beer) kit. Specifically Brewer's Best German Oktoberfest. Literally making it right now: I'm boiling the bittering hops as I type!

Starting slow in the homebrew field and very excited to be a part of this community.

I originally found HomeBrewTalk.com when it showed up in Google searches as I learned how the brewing/kegging processes work. An invaluable tool for sure.

As always, I'm up for helpful hints as I learn this simple-and-yet-complicated process of brewing beer. And a grateful thanks in advance!

My final goal of brewing beer is to make a wild, sour lambic, wish me luck on my progress!

PROST!

Welcome from the south west burbs (joliet). And thus the obsession begins!

I see the starting slow part... Tackling a lager? Slow like Indy car... Ale/kolsch yeast?

I got my own black ale fermenting away as we speak, and sipping on some Dead Ringer IPA.

Prost indeed!

Back