Chest Freezer and JC A419...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeverwine

Reaction score
Ok I know I'm probably beating a dead horse somehow, but I couldn't find specific info on this.

I set my Johnson Controls A419 temp controller to Cooling/Cut Out mode. Now for that I have the jumper barely on the prongs at all, is that right? Or should it be halfway or something?

I made the setpoint 63F for fermentation, differential 1, and ASD 10 minutes.

When I plug the freezer in to the wall outlet, the compressor cycles on and it starts to cool. When I plug it in to my Johnson Controls temperature controller, the freezer doesn't do anything. It just sits there off.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know both of these things work independently of each other, as I had it set for heating/cut out mode with a heater.

I just started a 60 min boil and it would be awesome if someone could give me some info before I transfer to a carboy.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Also I'm a bit confused as to whether or not it should be at cut in or cut out mode.... So any specific info will be amazing.

Thank you so much. I did know this, but I was being a moron today, what with all the AG brewing going on. Ugh. Gonna see if it's working now, as it was in ASD mode for the 10 minutes I had it set at.

OK so thank you so so much to dutchoven. I set it up the way you described and went out for the night, when I got home I had a vigorous fermentation happening at 65F. :D

And hell yeah Philly! Reppin that true craft spirit.

Back