cherry pom Graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kampo

Reaction score
An idea I've been kicking around. Kinda a cross between a cherry stout and gunslinger Graff.

10 cans old Orchard cherry pomegranate concentrate
3 lb light DME
1lb roasted barely
1lb crystal 120
.25lb carapils
1oz Kent goldings at 60min
Nottingham yeast

Og should be 1.06ish
Sg I'm expecting on the dry side with all the simple sugar from the juice

I'm thinking of priming with concentrate how many cans of concentrate would I need?

Any thoughts or adjustments?

Ended up brewing this last night, lowered the roasted barely to .75lb at the suggestion of a friend, OG was 1.065 tasted pretty good interested to see how much of the cherry pom flavor will last. Thinking to add a bit more flavor and aroma if its lost in the primary fermentation is to use a can of concentrate to prime the bottles, did "math" and it looks like there are 174g of sugar per can which works out to 6ounces or so of surgar, so i think this should work in theory?

Will do. I'm sure it will be good, but unsure how much of the cherry pomegranate aroma and taste will survive fermentation.
Fermentation was going strong this morning already.

I think it's done fermenting and it finished a bit higher than I would of liked. 1.020 was hoping something like 1.01ish..not sure if its because this is the 3rd run on this notty yeast (did a quick rince after each batch) but it fermented fast (only been fermenting 5 days and made it to 1.02 Wednesday night) and there aren't any esters or off tastes I can detect. How bad an idea would it be to toss in a packet of wine yeast to see if I can dry it out more?

Well yeast woke up with the rising tempature of my house.... Down to 1.011 and tastes really good. More wine like than beer. Kinda like a roasted cherrypom wine. Going to give it another week then bottle next weekend.

If I do it again I'm going to add a quarter pound of black patent or some other neutral darkening grain to darken it up more. Was shooting for a black beer with a maroon head but it's more dark maroon in color

Bottled Friday. May have screwed it up but only time will tell. It was late and my wife was helping me bottle so she could get me to be ;-) meant to tell her just under 3/4 of a cup of priming sugar... I think I said just under a cup so it might be a bit over carbed. Tasted pretty good, going to try one tomorrow I think to just get a guage of the carb level so far

Just cracked first bottle last night. It's good. Not a ton of the cherry pom taste wondering if it's going to come out more with age. But taste like a nice easy drinking stout a bit sweet but not horribly

ok been a couple weeks. brought a couple to a family g2g. reviews were pretty good. Its lost most of the sweetness and has gained almost a soda pop like carb (what i expected to happen when I over primed). its really hard to pin what this is. I'm just telling people its a cherry Pom Stout but thats not accurate really, but never really tasted anything like it.

I like it, but its defiantly a one drinker and in the mood type of drink...which will prolly lead to it being one of my first brews i'll really get a taste of how something ages. will I do it again? I dunno, but was defiantly a fun experiment.

Back