Cheers from Central FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerIsDelicious

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

29 y/o here, and I've been extract brewing off and on for about 4 years. I live in Central Florida (Deltona to be exact) and I have been reading these forums pretty solidly for the last 3 weeks while making the jump from extract to AG brewing, as well as moving away from bottling and into kegging.

In the last 2 weeks, I've cut open a keg to make a keggle, shopped around for extruded polystyrene foam to make a fermentation chiller, picked up a 7cu/ft freezer on craigslist to convert to to a keezer, picked up 2 corny kegs and the rest of a draft system big enough to allow for 2 kegs flowing & 1 keg carbing, purchased and converted a huge cooler to a mash tun, built out an immersion chiller, and ordered my first two batches of AG recipes!

PHEW! Writing that out sounds like a helluva lot of work for two weeks! No wonder my wife thinks I'm obsessed.

My first two batches are going to be a SMaSH blonde ale and that popular vanilla bourbon porter recipe, sans vanilla. Brew day is scheduled for this coming Sunday! Wish me luck!

Oh, and its good to be here. These forums are amazing.

Back