Cheers From Brazil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntonioMartins

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm from Brazil, homebrewer for about two years only.

I'm user of Brazilian HomebrewTalk forum and now i'm trying the original one.

Best Regards & Best Beers

Welcome! I visited Rio about 5 years ago, ran up the coast a bit. Gorgeous place.

What kind of beer do you brew? Anything different in Brazil as far as ingredients or how you do it compared to other places?

Nice! I live in Rio de Janeiro State, up on the montains, 900m high from sea level, about 120Km from Rio city.

Well, I'm quite new on homebrew, I brew more or less once a month a 25 liters batch (bottled amount is 25 liters).

So until now I have done about 20 batchs.

I always split my batch in 2 carboys and in one I use to make some experiments (if I destroy the beer, at least half is saved :) )

What I have done (some of the mos ununsual experiments):

Witbeer with beet - For my Wife birthday. The beer was named Pink Panther and was nice. Very pink collor. People really aprove it and Pink Panther became tradition on the wife birthday parties (only a 2 years tradition, but still a tradition....)

Witbeer with Coca leafs - I went to Peru and manage to bring some Coca leafs and put it on the witbeer. Was good

APA with guaraná powder - guaraná is a plant from Amazonia and give you a LOT of energy, much more than cooffe. Was possible feel the results on the beer.

IPA with pineapples - great match

Double IPA with Guava jelly - A Brazilian fruit

Brown Ale with peanuts and coconut - This one is on secondary fermentation.

Tangerine IPA - I have a Tangerine tree in my backyard

Vienna Lager with manioc roots - Another brazilian vegetable

Stout with Cocoa and Chilli peppers.

The basic ingredients are almost all imported (barley, hops, yeast), once Brazil is just begining to produce some of it. Very little barley, some yeast and experiences trying to grow hops here.

Back