Cheapo flow control taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these before in person. Ugly as all hell, but they work.

I'd recommend paying $10 more bucks and getting an Intertap. I love mine more than my old Perlicks...

If it was 10 more I'd agree easily, but the intertap ones are double the price $52 vs $24

In all reality i cant believe somebody tried to knock off the intertap faucets. They are a great product at a great price.

I work in the auto racing industry, about a year ago a vendor came out with a new widget that made fuel system plumbing simpler, easier and lighter. (A LOT) Including lines, fittings, etc it replaced 5k in parts and reduced weight by 5-10lb.

Of course its hard to get the guys that are winning to change anything but "if you're not moveing forward you are going to get passed"

Any way, this new widget that everyone now uses can be baught for less then 1k. It is 'worth' more but can hardely be made for less. When asked about the price point the mfg said the first one always costs the most but you better sell it cheaper then someone can copy it.

Patents are good but in the racing game get it to market and be the best. Im so far off topic on this rant but, what im saying is we have a cnc shop in house with over 30 machines running and we cant draw this part for for less then the cost of 3. Add in programming, tooling, run time, man hours?

:confused: somebody tried to copy an intertap?

In all reality i cant believe somebody tried to knock off the intertap faucets. They are a great product at a great price.

I work in the auto racing industry, about a year ago a vendor came out with a new widget that made fuel system plumbing simpler, easier and lighter. (A LOT) Including lines, fittings, etc it replaced 5k in parts and reduced weight by 5-10lb.

Of course its hard to get the guys that are winning to change anything but "if you're not moveing forward you are going to get passed"

Any way, this new widget that everyone now uses can be baught for less then 1k. It is 'worth' more but can hardely be made for less. When asked about the price point the mfg said the first one always costs the most but you better sell it cheaper then someone can copy it.

Patents are good but in the racing game get it to market and be the best. Im so far off topic on this rant but, what im saying is we have a cnc shop in house with over 30 machines running and we cant draw this part for for less then the cost of 3. Add in programming, tooling, run time, man hours?

:confused: somebody tried to copy an intertap?

But in all honesty...

Isn't an Intertap a copy itself? Look into it. You might be surprised. This design has been around a long time...

:mug:

Back