Cheapest online store for extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgr_stl

Reaction score
Just curious where you guys have found the last expensive extract. I'm trying to make more of my own recipes, but it seems like kits go on sale more frequently than plain old extract, so I seem to just give in and buy kits.

Freshness matters, though, so I guess there's always a balance between cheap and fresh that must be maintained.

Just curious where you guys have found the last expensive extract. I'm trying to make more of my own recipes, but it seems like kits go on sale more frequently than plain old extract, so I seem to just give in and buy kits.

Freshness matters, though, so I guess there's always a balance between cheap and fresh that must be maintained.

Compare Morebeer and Northern Brewery...with shipping included they tend to be cheaper most of time because they deal in bulk.

I miss when St Pat's in Texas still would ship you a whole friggin 20 gal drum of the stuff...that was a deal. Of course I had switched to all grain before I even finished my first drum

Why not try BIAB? Not much of a difference than using specialty grains with your extract brews. It's a much cheaper alternative too, which is what you're trying to find.

Once you see how easy it is, you'll be upgrading to a 3 vessel system in no time! Lol!

To answer your question though, I think www.ritebrew.com has pretty good prices on lots of stuff. I haven't checked in a while, but they're usually pretty reasonable.

Williams has good prices. They also sell some with selected specialty grains in the grain bill to get a particular style without adding any more specialty grains - this helps with the price and you can brew a batch quicker, too.

Back