Cheap temp sensor that works with Blichmann’s Tower of Power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadewegner

Reaction score
Hello! I am a very happy use of a Blichmann Tower of Power. I use it to monitor/automate my natural gas-powered burner for my HLT (I have a home grown HERMs system). It works quite nicely.

Over time I’ve purchased a few additional temperature sensor assemblies from Blichmann (see here: https://parts.blichmannengineering.com/Tower-of-Power-Sensor-Assembly-p/be-000337-00.htm) so that I can change where I’m monitoring the temperature.

It all works well. But what I’d like to do is get one or more cheaper temperature sensors that are compatible with the Blichmann temp sensor assembly, so that I can just monitor the temperature at various places in my system. I don’t want to buy an additional Tower of Power because I don’t need it to control a second burner — I simply want to monitor the temperature.

I’ve tried to research this myself (and reach out to Blichmann) but I can’t get any details on what would work and what wouldn’t work.

Anyone try this? Any insights?

Thanks in advance!

Back