Cheap step bit find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milesvdustin

Reaction score
For those of you needing a step bit, I found one on amazon that should work for almost everyone's needs. It's the neiko 1/4 to 1 3/8 step bit. I just drilled two 1 1/4 holes in two kegs for heating elements. I used motor oil to lube, dipping it after each step. Punched both holes in about five minutes. Bit barely shows any wear! Thing cost like 13 bucks. Just thought I'd share!

If anyone in the pensacola area needs it lemme know I'll drill em out for you.

Not to hijack this post, but I am trying my very damnedest to move to Pensacola by this time next year. Saw some HB stores on the web, but are they any good? I'm not much for mail order grain/yeast shopping.

First of all, don't move here!!!! The crime rate is insane and the people here are all very rude and it just sucks here. I am moving in about a year.

The only brick and mortar homebrew shop I know of is the shady lady, they have very minimal beer stuff. Mostly coopers type kits and a few pounds of grain. No mill. They are primarily a wine making store. I do everything mail order.

I am actually trying to move to the leonardtown area up in Maryland!

I was stationed there for 3 years back in 2000. I miss my midnight fishing trips on the beach and warm weather. We are going to live near Orange Beach.

I guess we may be trading billets :mug:

I guess I'll have to get into mailorder grocery shopping then. I have my own mill, so that isn't too much of an issue for me.

Oh living near orange beach is nice. So is fort Walton and destin. Seems pensacola attracts the crud. I am EASing next year, then gonna go work for dynacorp at pax river. I'm a marine, you in aviation? I work with the at's in the schoolhouse.

I do northern brewer, 3-4 days standard ship times for me. There is a local guy that sells supplies from his house, very cheap.

I'm not in aviation, but it was about a 35% chance you weren't....LOL

Yeah, we'll see if I get the orders....just waiting on something to "officially" open up.

The base is nice here, can't complain there. There is a good homebrew in here but they meet on the east side of pensacola, kinda far from orange beach.

Back