Cervejaria My Nano Brew - Kinda like a new "Braumeister"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdJazz

Reaction score
Found this by accident:

http://www.mybeer.com.br/

Several videos on their Facebook page. Looks quite interesting - but seems to be quite similar to the Braumeister.

Does anyone have any more information?

/Anton

Finally some price information.

The smaller version (not sure which one, 30 or 60L) cost R$ 15.000,00 (which is about 6500 US dollar).

Im curious how much the 100 litre version is.

Welcome to the Brazilian method of retail pricing: "Some idiot will pay that much" (See the 1800USD official price for the Playstation 4 for further examples)

"Some idiot will pay that much"

I could be that idiot - well, I would not pay 6500 dollar for the 60/30 liter version, but I would consider paying about double that for the 100 liter version.

Watch the videos – this is NOT just a pimped up Braumeister.

We are looking for 100 liter brewhouse for our nano (pico) brewery – and this new system suits our needs perfectly.

Another option we are looking into is to buy two Braumeister 50L and use them solely as mash tuns. We would drain the wort into a pimped up boil kettle from Blichman (fitted with electric heating, whirlpool etc).

But the price tag for the above (not including the labor) would be quite high as well…

I could be that idiot - well, I would not pay 6500 dollar for the 60/30 liter version, but I would consider paying about double that for the 100 liter version.

Watch the videos – this is NOT just a pimped up Braumeister.

We are looking for 100 liter brewhouse for our nano (pico) brewery – and this new system suits our needs perfectly.

Another option we are looking into is to buy two Braumeister 50L and use them solely as mash tuns. We would drain the wort into a pimped up boil kettle from Blichman (fitted with electric heating, whirlpool etc).

But the price tag for the above (not including the labor) would be quite high as well…

Is this because you are trying to automate as much as possible?
I guess that make sense - but for a hobby homebrewer where the 'doing' is half the fun it's a crazy investment (given that it's the equivalent of a year's salary for a lot of people in Brazil).

Is this because you are trying to automate as much as possible?

For us it’s not primary about automation – but consistency and repeatability.

Of course we don’t mind the steps that are automated – there are plenty of doing left even with an automated brewhouse. Most of the work hours actually goes to cleaning and sanitizing.

We will see what the price is for their 100 liter system...

Looks like an automated braumeister. I'd be concerned about service when something breaks.

If I was going nano, i'd build a 1bbl system around a couple 6kw induction cookers.

Looks like an automated braumeister. I'd be concerned about service when something breaks.

The Braumeister is automated - but you mean that this system seems to be even more so?

I am also concered about service. I would have to carry out any service myself.

Quite annoying new video:

Why all the flashing colours and sh*t. It's not supposed to be a music video. I want to see in detail how this thing work…

At least I got some more information...

(glad I don't have epilepsy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah their marketing team has some lessons to learn for sure, the first videos have been nothing but shots of the system with little to no information to be had. I think I can safely say most homebrewers aren't gonna care how artistic their ads are, we just want specs and details. That last video was for sure better but your right about the epilepsy part, they probably should have a disclaimer at the beginning.

Quite annoying new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDACUoOWRUA

Why all the flashing colours and sh*t. It's not supposed to be a music video. I want to see in detail how this thing work…

At least I got some more information...

(glad I don't have epilepsy)

I read your post and thought, "Oh come on. How bad could it be?" Then that little logo animation went on for 30 seconds and they started flashing colors in my face. I made it through 70 seconds, and never saw the actual product.

I've talked to these guys.
They seem to be good people, and the product looks really nice. The 50/100l costs R$ 30k (around U$ 12k), and the other two (15/30 and 30/60) are half of that.

They do have an issue with marketing. It is kind of a family business where the father and the older son work on the product, and the younger son takes care of the marketing. I think this guy got carried away with the logos and stuff, and forgot that the product is way more important (and it is pretty impressive indeed) than the intro to the video.

I've talked to these guys.
They seem to be good people

That I agree on. Have been in contact with them as well - but a bit tricky since they don't know any English.

The 50/100l costs R$ 30k (around U$ 12k)

Could still be an option for our nano (pico) brewery. On the other hand - then there are shipping costs to Sweden and the fact that service of the unit will be very tricky to arrange.

The Speidel Braumeister 200 liter is about 16 300 US dollar. Which will probably be cheaper when the shipping has been added to the price of the MyBeer NanoBrew.

Wow... the epilepsy comment is spot on indeed.

Take-aways?

1.) That contraption seems to have slightly better iPad-ish user interface.

2.) I have never seen 200L BM "in person", but this piece of equipment looks quite robust.

All that said - it is a complete rip-off from Braumeister.

If I were Speidel, I would take their asses to court over patent infringements.

All that said - it is a complete rip-off from Braumeister. If I were Speidel, I would take their asses to court over patent infringements.

The problem is that Speidel only have protection in Germany (at least that is what I have gathered when reviewing their granted patent). Pretty much any other country can build their own Braumeister and sell it...they just can’t sell it in Germany.

MyBeer in Brazil can’t however get a granted patent of their construction (at least they should not be able to) since the granted patent in Germany is considered “Prior Art”.

There's a lot to think about when you file a patent application.

Good point CJ - international patent law is a tricky thing.

At any rate, Speidel is probably not quaking in their boots over potential massive losses of sales to these guys.. ;)

Good point CJ - international patent law is a tricky thing.

At any rate, Speidel is probably not quaking in their boots over potential massive losses of sales to these guys.. ;)

Definitely not. I am from Brazil and, as far as I am concerned, braumeister is not available here. Maybe the guys from mybeer have some worries (and maybe that's why they don't market the product so much), but if there isn't any damage to speidel, they won't have any issues.

CJ, please let me know if you need any help with communication.

Latest posts

Back