Central NJ Malt Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if everyone who says there going to, comes through, is shipping only $3.50 per sack? $132 / 42(full pallet) = $3.15 rounded up $3.50 to make it easier. If thats right, thats awesome. sacks of TF&S MO for $44 shipped.

Guys,

I propose we let Bobby determine final pricing. In a previous post he stated a flat $5 per sack for simplicity. Whatever he determines, we should be happy with. Lets not assume. I am only assuming Bobby to be fair and do a good job. If he wants to keep it simple...great!

Thanks Bobby!

Guys,

I propose we let Bobby determine final pricing. In a previous post he stated a flat $5 per sack for simplicity. Whatever he determines, we should be happy with. Lets not assume. I am only assuming Bobby to be fair and do a good job. If he wants to keep it simple...great!

Thanks Bobby!

+1 :mug::tank:

Reworking pricing for shipping every time someone adds a sack to the order is nit picky and penny pinching but at the same time, I don't want to be accused of trying to profit from the deal.
If $1.50 per sack is going to piss you off, let me know and you'll pay the $3.50.

For those who I expect to pay in advance and have not yet heard from me, you will on Monday.

For everyone else who have not yet sent me your name, address and phone number via PM, please do so ASAP.

anyone know how their hop prices are?
edit: looks like they might be out of stock of all hops

I'm going to modify my order- add in a sack of Can Malt 2-row.

So for me:

1 sack CanMalt 2-row
1 sack MO
5# each community split
Jason,

I'll will do another bulk grain order but probably not until the end of the year. I've still got quite a bit left from the last one. I'll PM you when the next order is getting close.

Guys, please weigh in on this for me.... I was originally thinking 20L and 40L but do you all think having a slightly larger color gap would be better? There's not MUCH difference between 40 and 60. Let me know, I'll go with majority.

I was away for the weekend and surprised to not see any response to this. It sounds like a good idea. I’ll be happy with whatever you decide, but 60 or even 80L would be great for the dark side crystal.

I'm working on my final order right now... Is it going to tick anyone off if I order a sack of peated malt? I don't know if the smell will seep through and permeate the other grains or not. Anyone have any input on this? It's probably best to just err on the side of caution, I suppose.

Edit: Ok, forget the peated, I'm not going to deal with that. Bobby, I'm going to PM you some final numbers.

does anyone want to take over my order since the pallet is full? Im not backing out yet, just if someone else wants in, go ahead and take my spot. please let us know asap if so

no, you wouldent get them from me. you would pay bobbyM and pick up at the group location

bkov, consider yourself backed out. You came in here suggesting a group buy and I bit on it. You have no idea how much effort this takes and people that play games like this make it all that much harder. I even volunteered to have my wife haul your malt up to northern NJ to help you out and you thank me by busting my marbles over a couple dollars shipping. No thanks. </vent>

I'm going to summarize the orders just to make sure there are no misunderstandings:

AnoldUR (Seargentsville, NJ)
2 x T101 maris, 5lbs each munich, vienna, 20l, 60l, and 15lbs B601 wheat
Paying in person.

Wilserbrewer (Wall, NJ)
1 x 0758 MO, 1 x 2060 pale ale, 5lbs each special except wheat.
paid via paypal.

Flyangler (please send address/phone number)
1 x t101 MO, 1 x 2002 can 2-row, 5lbs each specialty
paying via check, working out pickup from anoldUR down south. Please let me know when you mail the check.

RommelMagic (ken, please send me your address/phone number)
1 x T101 MO, 1 x 2060 can pale, 10lb ea munich and vienna, 5lb wheat.
paid via paypal.

MrNate of Bridgewater, NJ
2 x t101 Mo, 1 B101 pils, 5lbs munich
deposit via paypal, paying cash in person.

Southandros of Westfield, NJ
2 x 2060 can pale, 2 x B101 pils, 1 x F101 Franco pils, 1 x B201 Munich
sending check.

Lustreking (late entry after bkov) of Bethlehem, PA
1 x T101 MO, 1 x 2002 Can 2-row
paying via paypal.

OK everyone - Lets play nice, or can we all just get along?
Bobby_ I would be all over this, but even if I flew there I think the airlines would charge me more for baggage on the flight back. Best of luck in dealing with strangers about money. It is HELL.

I'm going to summarize the orders just to make sure there are no misunderstandings:

AnoldUR (Seargentsville, NJ)
2 x T101 maris, 5lbs each munich, vienna, 20l, 60l, and 15lbs B601 wheat
Paying in person.

That's great. Thanks!

Anyone interested in having their order shuttled to the west side of the state, PM me and I’ll give you my address to see if it will work into your plans.

Best of luck in dealing with strangers about money. It is HELL.

Fortunately we are all trustworthy individuals, or at a minimum, bastards in predictable ways. :D

Thanks again for pulling this together and letting me jump in on it. I owe you a beer or three.

"bkov, consider yourself backed out. You came in here suggesting a group buy and I bit on it. You have no idea how much effort this takes and people that play games like this make it all that much harder. I even volunteered to have my wife haul your malt up to northern NJ to help you out and you thank me by busting my marbles over a couple dollars shipping. No thanks. </vent>"

I wasnt playing games. I was going to pay in advance, and i didnt back out yet, i said i wanted to but only would if i could find someone to replace the sacks i spoke for. you decided to back me out. thank you. I know it takes effort, but your getting payment in advance from everyone except one person. All you do is record the amounts, place the order, then make sure the distribution goes as planned.

$5 a sack shipping charged to make "simple" - $3.15 actual shipping = $1.85 X 42 sacks(full pallet like you mentioned there was) = $77.70 that goes where? your order? Plus how much are you making off of each of those 5sacks for splitting them up into 5pound bags?

I was only doing a group buy to save as much money as possible. Getting 2 &1/2 sacks from the group buy would cost me $113. To get those 2 & 1/2 directly from NCM delivered right to my house, would be $142.

Only non supporting HBT, and relatively new supporting members were asked to pay in advance. Most of the malt is going to my homebrew club so don't assume the posts here are representative of the whole group buy. I'm still putting over $1000 up front and hoping everyone takes their malt. I have to take time off work to move the pallet from work to home in two trips using my gas, time and labor. I have no qualms about taking $1.85 per sack and putting it towards my order for that effort. I have over 3 hours of time into the project already and the order hasn't even been placed.

If my math serves me, $113 is $29 less than $142. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot here but I just think it's best that we agree to disagree.

yes, $29 to order it at my convience instead of having to pick it up at a certain time/date. Also instead of spending gas money to go pick it up, it would be delivered right to my house. I also can get each sack seperate at that price, so dont need to worry about it being stored good.

I guess im just making my reasons clear but it doesnt really matter. I was just expecting to save more money doing a group buy. Good luck and i hope everything goes well. take care

The order is in, the invoice is paid, I should receive the pallet Wednesday. I'll be in touch with all parties to figure out the best time for pickup. I should be around Friday night and all day Saturday next week.

If you get the pallet on Wednesday, would I be able to pick up my order Wednesday night? Don't know if you remember, but I'm heading out of town on Thursday.

malt1.jpg

Yea, just what is this sticky cream in the MO.
I'm getting thirsty just seeing that pile, I have got to brew tomorrow! It has just become a moral imperative.

bkov, consider yourself backed out. You came in here suggesting a group buy and I bit on it. You have no idea how much effort this takes and people that play games like this make it all that much harder. I even volunteered to have my wife haul your malt up to northern NJ to help you out and you thank me by busting my marbles over a couple dollars shipping. No thanks. </vent>

Hey Bobby, I really don't need anything. I'm in pretty good shape with grains right now, but if you get stuck with anything after the smoke clears, I'll see what me and my son can take off your hands, we'll make something with it. Next time you get the money up front and a handling charge before ordering anything. No one should begrudge you a handling charge for all the work and effort you put into it. When you think of all the time, and effort and hassle you get, you're the only one who doesn't profit from the reduced cost.

Back