Central Illinois Brew Clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb9vzh

Reaction score
Dose anyone know of any Brew Clubs in the Central Illinois area? I am in Ottawa, IL and the closest ones I could find are in Normal and St. Charels. Anyone know of one closer???? Has anyone wanted to start one in the area?

To my knowledge it doesn't exist anymore. The number is disconnected and I don't think the guy who was running it is even in to it anymore...

Sad but true.

Ize

Ize said:
To my knowledge it doesn't exist anymore. The number is disconnected and I don't think the guy who was running it is even in to it anymore...

Sad but true.

Ize

No good.

If I can get enough intrest in the local area I would love to start one up.

I keep pluggin at getting people here interested. If you ever get down this way give me a shout. There's one or two bars with at least a fair (ok, weak at best :D ) Tap selection.

Ize

I am the only homebrewer in Streator that I know of, so I would like to find some other brewers in the area and would like to find or start a club.

there is the BOSS (Brewers of South Suburbia) Brewers of South Suburbia. From their site "We have members from Joliet to Oak Forest from Monee to Countryside".

I am in New Lenox just east of Joliet and was thinking of attending one of their meetings soon.

Hey guys....I was surprised to see Central Illinois mentioned on here. Im just getting started in all of this and I was curious if there was anything around here. It sounds like the BLM-Normal club meets up every once in while. Weve got a fairly new place (Medici) here in Normal that has a pretty decent selection if you are ever in the area.
Nice to know there are a few more from around here that poke around on this board.
Killian

Hey guys I've been wondering the same thing! I'm in Charleston and I know theres none here, but I think there might be one in Champaign. I remember there was some homebrew thing at the International beer tasting thing they have every year in Urbana. I think we just started our own club just now! :mug:

I'm in Ottawa also, was gonna post to the original poster but that was 2 1/2 years ago.
Hey DBbrewing are u the guy from streator that bought some kegs from me a few years ago? If not theres another brewer somewhere in streator. I got a pm from a guy in marseilles who was trying to start a club, but dont know what happened with it. Years ago I wanted to start one but didnt have much interest in it. I dont know of another brewer in Ottawa and dont meet many(or any) people that brew, it too bad to its a great hobby.
Scott

I'm in Ottawa also, was gonna post to the original poster but that was 2 1/2 years ago.
Hey DBbrewing are u the guy from streator that bought some kegs from me a few years ago? If not theres another brewer somewhere in streator. I got a pm from a guy in marseilles who was trying to start a club, but dont know what happened with it. Years ago I wanted to start one but didnt have much interest in it. I dont know of another brewer in Ottawa and dont meet many(or any) people that brew, it too bad to its a great hobby.

Scott

Hey Scott, no I was not the one who bought kegs from you but hey if you would like to get together to sample each others brews let me know or even brew something. I only bottle right now but am looking at getting into kegging this year.
Dave

im in ottawa to. Been brewing for about 1.5 years. I no of a guy in marseilles who is trying to start a club. i will post the info i get from him when i get it.

josh donahue

Back