Central Florida Hops Growing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.B.W

Reaction score
I was talking with the guys at my local HBS. One of the guys working there mention that he had been growing Cascade for the last 6 years in the Daytona area with great results. After giving it some thought, I decided to grow some hops this year. I picked out a great spot in the yard where I can hang a cable between two trees about 20 feet off the ground, and gets sun all day long. After talking with a homebrewing co-worker about my plans he decided to join me in growing some hops. We ordered 4 nugget, 2 cascade and 2 willamette rhizomes from Thyme Garden.

Has anyone in the Central Florida area had success (Or failures) growing hops?

tag, i would like some info on growing hops in FL also! it gets very hot down here during the summer months!

I'm south of all of you and my Cascades are doing good for their second year. I let them die back at the start of dry season and cut them back to the ground the end of Oct. I didn't water or feed til early Feb. and they are about 18" tall now.

The magnum and hallertau didn't make it through the first summer.

They are cheap so grow them and have fun:mug:

Back