Centennial blonde extract question (hops)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpiton

Reaction score
I'm going to brew the centennial blonde on the week end. I have the right centennial hops but for the cascade I have 6,2 %, The recipe ask for 7,8 cascade. Should I put more cascade if yes how much ?. Also a neewbie question, is the gallon size US or imperial ? I live in Canada and we use imperial gal and litres . Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to brew this, everybody seems to like it.

Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.57 gal
Estimated OG: 1.044 SG
Estimated Color: 3.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 16.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 83.3 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 16.7 %
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (45 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (20 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Yes, you will need more cascade. Home brewing.com has a calculator that works pretty good. Keep in mind the time of additions because the late additions are flavor/aroma. That CB is a quite a quaffer. 7 friends came by to watch me brew a steam beer and wiped out a five gallon batch in a few short hours. Left all their fizzy yellow stuff here. It was fun!

I'm going to brew the centennial blonde on the week end. I have the right centennial hops but for the cascade I have 6,2 %, The recipe ask for 7,8 cascade. Should I put more cascade if yes how much ?. Also a neewbie question, is the gallon size US or imperial ? I live in Canada and we use imperial gal and litres . Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to brew this, everybody seems to like it.

I use Brewers Friend. Very intuitive and you can alter the AA that come up when you add in the cascade hop. Just adjust to hit the IBUs per the recipe. I've made that one too, and lots of folks enjoyed it, getting time soon again to brew that one! Oh, and I have treated it as US gal, which I believe is where Biermuncher resides.

Back