Celebration 2 hearted ale BOMB!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a great beer to pop the top, and have it blow your ceiling out?
Or maybe your softball team just won the beer league, and you want a beer to spray your buddies down with.
Or maybe you have a mouch friend that comes over all the time, but never brings any beer.

Well I have the beer for you!!!

Anyways after all that, I brewed a extract 2 hearted clone 2 months ago. 4 of my friends all brewed the same recipe, we were having a contest of sorts. I bottled it with what the recipe called for 4oz of priming sugar. My 1st few brews were fine, then I waited a few weeks to open my next one at a friends house, and KABOOOOOM. It was crazy, the whole beer was foam. Not what i was hoping for.

Just wanted to share my story.

I've had similar problems. A lot of batches I make have like 3-4 bottles that immediately foam up and start overflow. I haven't looked into it that much but I think it has something to do with hop particles reacting in the beer or something. Which i take to mean its the bottles filled at the end with some sediment in there.

I even had a commercial beer do this to me yesterday. It was a He'brew Rye IPA. So that confused me even more. Anyway there is a chance most of the bottles are ok.

Back