Casters for a brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbugawkagawk

Reaction score
I will be making a single level with pump brew set up. 3 sankeys and steel frame. I would like to have casters on it. Anyone know what i would need , i figure it would wiegh 600 pounds if all of the kegs were full. Cheap would be nice.

I'm sure HD, Lowe's, Grainger, etc. could all recommend a caster that supports 150 lbs. Although, I'm not sure why all three kegs would be filled at the same time - unless you engage in continuous brewing (which I don't even know what that is)

no they wont be, i just want to make sure that i have casters that will support the weight. i like to over do than have a batch of beer on the floor

ebay has some awesome industrial casters that can be had cheap with little to no competition ;)

Suggestion:

I use the caster's from Harbor Freight two reasons cost and selection.

My suggestion is buy all metal wheel. I have used the hundred plus with a good looking wheel made of some type of material that looks good. I have found over time setting when not used the material on wheel start to distort (flat spots and it will pick up and thing that the broom missed).

So started using the all metal, the selection is down for I like a large dia. wheel for ease of rolling.

My two cents

God Bless
Dominus Vobiscum
Swagman:cool:

Depends on your floor conditions too.
Stay away from hard/soft rubber and urethane treads for the reason stated above.
I would suggest a glass-filled nylon tread as it is strong, lightweight, and waterproof. Phenolic is also an option. Metal wheels would be cheaper to buy, but they are noisy on hard floors and can marr delicate surfaces. Also prone to rust in damp environments.
Call the guys at castercity.com and you can talk to them about your particular setup. Very experienced and knowledgeable.

Back