Cascade & Willamete Party!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtupper

Reaction score
So I just found a great deal on cascades and willametes. getting a pound of each for under 30 shipped...i know probably too good to be true and theyre probably crap, but i have a lot of bulk grain and quite a few specialties, so what should i get going.....i can find any yeast and have a pretty good bank on hand so all replies are welcome....

ive also got this in the pantry:

bulk 2row
bulk pils
5# honey
5#C20
5# Chocolate
5#C60
3#munich
couple ounces special b
couple ounces roasted
couple ounces black

hops are as follows
2oz goldings
1oz perele
1oz Glacier
2oz tradition
17oz willamete
16oz Cascade
1oz citra

thanks in advance

Cascade and Willamette is a great combo for American Pales and Amber ales. Check out my Amber Nugget ale in the pulldown under my name. That is my house ale - brewed many gallons of it and usually am always mixing up the hops. Cascade/Willamette is one of, if not THE, best iteration. I am actually working on a recipe today for an APA using that combo, maybe with some Columbus too.

Good luck!

I read a thread somewhere on here about the Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' IPA, and it included both Cascade and Willamette hops in pretty large quantities, besides a few other kinds. It is a hoppy beer, and one I personally enjoy a lot. In fact, after reading the recipe for it I was inspired to buy my first bulk hops to experiment with, and what did I buy? Yup, 8oz each Cascade and Willamette :rockin: So i will be curious to see what you end up with.

Here are the grains and hops from the thread I looked at, it has tons of ingredients though...

(Sorry for metric units, but that is all I could find, is good as a basic outline anyways)

3.68 kg Domestic 2-row (50%) (Lagunitas uses Rahr 2-row Pale)
2.77 kg Malted Wheat (37.60%)
90 g Toasted Wheat (1.20%)
830 g Torrified (Puffed) Wheat (11.20%) (Lagunitas uses Crisp Torrified Wheat)
1lb Rice Hulls added to improve flow
(Gypsum added to boil using soft water)

Single infusion 45 min @ 150 degrees

Hop Additions
@90 min
11 g Nugget 9% AA
2 g Horizon 12%
2 g Summit 17.5%

@45 min
8 g Wilamette 5.2%

@15 min
27 g Santiam 5.6%