Cascade leaves are curling up/inwards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!

First year hops, planted rhizomes about a month ago, this cascade seems to be getting worse.

The leaves are shriveled up and curling up and in. There is no way this is from lack of water, possibly too much, we have had a lot of rain in the past week and it's been humid here in Chicagoland. The cascade next to it has some similar issues but not nearly as bad. Could it be a poor section of soil in my backyrd? Never done a soil test.... the centenials, and mt hood seem to be thriving compared to this shriveled mess....

I have a Centennial doing the same, but it is much smaller. I think it is from too much water.

Mine was in a pot, thought it could be too much water. Took it out of the pot, and it was wet in the pot - it didn't drain well.

I've planted it in the yard now, and after a few weeks, is just starting to show some signs that there may be some hope for it.

I've planted 3 others in the ground, and all are doing fine.

Alright... too much water.. this is what i figured. I also didnt mention that this particular ones the plant that's closest to the low corner of the lot. And theres a storm drain in the corner and this guy likely is soaked the longest as the rest of the lot runs towards it.

Its interesting because this plant is the only one that decided to grow significantly more and longer sidearms? Thats cool.. do your thing man.

Glug glug! Drink up!

Back