Carrying a corny long distances on your back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFuggles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in carrying a corny into work in the morning. My commute involves a 5 minute walk, a train ride and a 10 minute walk.

Carrying a corny loose would be somewhat tricky, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success lugging one around using some sort of scuba-tank carrying type rig? Carrying 25kg on your back isn't too hard.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I'm interested in carrying a corny into work in the morning. My commute involves a 5 minute walk, a train ride and a 10 minute walk.

Carrying a corny loose would be somewhat tricky, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success lugging one around using some sort of scuba-tank carrying type rig? Carrying 25kg on your back isn't too hard.

Any ideas?

A standard top-loading backpack or army rucksack.
But this is exactly why I bought a couple of 2.5 gallon corny kegs. You can closed-circuit fill them from a 5 gallon and they are FAR more transportable.

I'd try something with wheels, like strapping it to a hand truck or something. Once on Ask This Old House they put a big bug sprayer on a wheeled golf bag carrier.

The tumpline is a pretty cheap and effective solution for lugging big loads. The voyageurs were expected to carry a couple of 90lbs packs (at the same time) over pretty rugged terrain using these. The ones that survived must have had necks like tree stumps (plus arthritis and worn discs).

Are you planning on going through any metal detectors?

If you have any paranoid people commuting with you, they might flag your giant "pressure cooker"

Yeah it's going through the City in London so I would expect i might get a bit of interest from the Old Bill - they're welcome to a pint though. I won't be taking my gas cylinder for this reason!

Back