Carpal Tunnel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Anyone have it, or had surgery? I have been suffering from it for years in both hands to the point of popping pills non-stop to get through the day. I was thinking about seeing someone about it, but wasn't sure how successful the surgery is they have available?

Those who I know that have had it "corrected" weren't 100% but were thoroughly satisfied with the results. they got the treatment as a workers comp claim and had "issues" with employment since.

My wife had carpal tunnel surgery a year ago, she did one hand at a time, 2 weeks apart. She is almost 100% better by now, it was amazing how much better she felt after the first few months. She's only 26, but a pianist and a music teacher.

I was back to work full duty(with inteligent decisions) as a baker 2 weeks after each surgery. The difference is like night/day. The pain goes, the numbness goes and I can sleep all night again

Thanks guys, once again the search feature failed me. I will go read that.

Nope, that's what I'm here for. I have a good memory for previous threads and I knew there was one about Carpal tunnel. I don't mind doing the search, wouldn't want you to make it worse by having to type more. :mug:

I am wearing a brace on my right hand atm, it helps using the mouse and its helped with sleeping. I need one for my left hand also as the middle finger has started to always have a stinging sharp pain when touched. Doc wanted me to try this out for a month or so before planning surgery. Just hope with this procedure I get pain meds, when my vasectomy was done a short while back I got nothing and was fairly annoyed all week. :D

My eldest sister had both hands done about 15 years ago. She used the braces before the surgery, but they only helped a little. Last I heard, she was still OK. I have a little trouble with carpal myself, but haven't needed any intervention.

(I didn't get any pain meds when I had my vasectomy 24 years ago. The doctor used a micro-incision technique, so there aren't any scars. The worst part of the surgery was when the nurse tried to move a 500 watt lamp with her elbow! Said lamp was about 18" from crotch. I grabbed it and adjusted it myself.)

I have heard of many guys not getting any meds, and then of course many who had. I would of much rather gotten something. Makes me a little more worried when it comes to this surgery, I mean my wife went in for shoulder pain and they have her percocet. I go in and get my balls cut open and get nothing!

But maybe I just have a problem.:(

Latest posts

Back