CarboyCleaner.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friday

Reaction score
Guys you do not want one of these in your brewery arsenal. I bought one for carboys and I cleaned 12 really dirty carboys in less the an hour. Now I'm convinced that I can get a sank keg clean and I'm going to have to buy one for sank kegs.

The thing works to good, now I have to buy another one at 35 bucks, plus sank kegs to ferment in and keg with. Then I'll need keg couplers, after that I'll need a bigger brew rig. This can't be good, next thing you know I'll be quitting my crappy job and be brewing full time.

Seriously everyone should have one of these, it makes my brew day so much easier. I wish I had bought one sooner, it's the best 35 dollars I've spent in a long time.

I just wanted to write a positive review of this company. I got a large carboy/sanke keg carboy cleaner for free at my homebrew club's annual raffle. Carboy cleaner had donated 3 of their products for us. I ended up winning one. I have been using it to clean my sanke fermenters makes life really easy. I did have a bit of a complaint with the product that I couldn't clean my smaller carboys or corny kegs with it.

Carboy Cleaner had a promotion going on the forums here for black friday weekend. They stated if you wrote a review on the forums here they would send you replacement pads. I assumed this meant replacement pads for the cleaner I reviewed. Turns out they sent me all 3 size replacement pads. Now, I should have been able to figure out that any size pad would fit on the 'stick' part...but I didn't lol. So Now it's like I have all 3 sizes of the carboy cleaner.

I don't understand why their black friday thread had so many bitchy comments. Why is the HBT community such pricks to a vendor that obviously cares about the homebrew community in general? At any rate this vendor is great and you should order their products.

i've had one of these for about 2 years now, with the carboy attachment and the corny attachment pads. i can't believe how much time these things save me! i always hated cleaning my carboys with those stupid brushes, trying to contort them around the neck, and trying to scrub off all the krausen...i never liked the idea, either, of filling up an entire carboy with PBW, trying to either siphon or pick the thing up to empty, and still have to scrub some crud off. this thing is so easy...put into drill, put about a cup of PBW in the bottom of your dirty carboy/keg, put pads in carboy/keg, and drill away...gets everything clean in so little time.

i'd definitely recommend picking one of these up if you're as frustrated as i was cleaning out my carboys and kegs...worth every penny...the only thing i found was i had to use a spare stopper on my 5 gallon (i think...either the 5 or 7.5) carboy, as the provided one was too large. great product, great experiences with them, and would definitely buy again!

I just picked one up lastweek and heve used it 4 times already. It makes cleaning out the 5 gal carboys a snap. It's worth spending the little extra to save tons of time and frustration scrubbing with that brush.

Back