Carbonator Installed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on filling kegs for soda under counter pressure, but also plan on having a tap of soda water. For that purpose I was considering doing what Eric did or as I mentioned earlier, put the cold water reservoir before the pump and have the pump in the freezer. That part is a new idea to me so I was asking the questions.

What do you think?

Eric

Did you keep the pin lock or ball lock quick disconnects, or did you hard plumb in the keg to your carbonator?

Thanks

Eric

Did you keep the pin lock or ball lock quick disconnects, or did you hard plumb in the keg to your carbonator?

Thanks

I kept the disconnects, but I removed the popets from both sides. Also marked the keg with tape on the disconnects so I don't forget to discharge the pressure before I pop them off. I did it once without discharging the pressure and got a face full of seltzer.

I tried setting up a system with the big Mac but am having troubles. The water is flying out at a tremendous speed. It seems that any carbonation that might be in solution escapes from it being so turbulent when then filling a cup.

I use 30' of 1/8" tubing for the dispensing line.

Some questions:
1. Should I expect the water to come flying out so fast? I thought the line would reduce the pressure
2. Should I hear the motor running? It is quite quiet, there is some noise but hard to tell if it's working.

Everything you are describing is normal. Normally after the carbinator you chill the soda water right after with an plate chiller or ice bank. If you have room temperature soda the carbonation will immediately excape from solution. Having ice in your glass will help but wont be as good.

Latest posts

Back