Carbonation visible inside capped bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanDeuce

Reaction score
Have a DIPA that's been capped and carbonating for a week (since last thursday evening). I am anxious to test one out and see how things are going so I pulled one out of the box to stick in the fridge to have with dinner tonight. I noticed there are visible bubbles inside the bottle. Cap seems to be on tight. In all my previous brews I dont recall seeing this before. Its just some minor fizz on top, no head or anything.

Is this something to worry about? possible infection? bottle bombs in the making?

Update on whether I have an overcarbed beer approx. 7pm, but would like everyone's feedback in the mean time. Thanks

Visible bubbles as in bubbles streaming to the top, or as in mini-krausen in the bottle? If it looks like mini-krausen in the bottle, my guess would be infection. If it's streaming bubbles, I'd guess leaky cap.

Back