Carbonation issues x 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enricocoron

Reaction score
Okay so I've had this pale ale on Co2 force carb for like a week at 15 psi but it never carbonated...there were two kegs on the system the other a lager that carbonated just fine, with similar head spaces, if there was a leak the whole system should have equalized....can some beers be more resistant to carbonation. A couple days ago I took the lager off the gas and jacked the pressure on the ale to 20-25 psi....this morning it was almost carbonated but not quite so I jacked it more to like 25-30...all of this is at 45 degrees with a controller. The only thing I can figure is the temps are different between the two kegs. The issue is I was hoping to have the lager oktoberfest on tap for the weekend fiesta, and then growler all the ale and crash carbonate a Weissen that's ready but not in time for bottle conditioning. I'm worried that if I can't figure this out I won't be able to carb the weissen in time.

Have you tried swapping the lines?

Do you have any inline valves on the branch lines?

Have you checked your disconnects?

I force carb all of my beers (except stouts) at 12-13 PSI for about 3 weeks at 40 degrees, so you might just not quite be there yet. Give it another week.

It worked out in the end...I think the seal was a bit sticky on the one keg...after I jacked the PSI up for awhile and rolled it on the floor and got in fine...probably pushed through the stuck ring with the extra pressure.

Latest posts

Back