Carbonated Kool-Aid....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOP-HEAD

Reaction score
Anybody tried Carbonated Kool-Aid? I read somewhere awhile back...but can't find it now... that the kiddies and the lady folk love it.

Probably not bad with a little vodka or something added for entertainment purposes...?

Anybody tried Carbonated Kool-Aid? I read somewhere awhile back...but can't find it now... that the kiddies and the lady folk love it.

Probably not bad with a little vodka or something added for entertainment purposes...?

Watching drunk lady-folk and kids would indeed be entertaining!

But yeah, it basically comes out like generic soda. Carbed grape kool-aid tastes like regular grape soda, orange like orange etc. Like with beer, the carbonation lightens the effects of the sweetness a tad.

Watching drunk lady-folk and kids would indeed be entertaining!

But yeah, it basically comes out like generic soda. Carbed grape kool-aid tastes like regular grape soda, orange like orange etc. Like with beer, the carbonation lightens the effects of the sweetness a tad.

For the record... the vodka was meant for the ladies... not the kiddies. Though it'd be fun to watch regardless...:mug:

rofl, hop head is always the guy running into package stores for the teenagers....

haha joking, do you carbonate it like beer? just use a little yeast? or carb tabs?

I make this all the time for swmbo.. I even make the kool-aid part with Splenda so it's a diet soda :D

here's how I do it..

make kool-aid (make it a little extra sweet)
add to a 2 liter soda bottle
force carb it using a cabinator cap (30psi for a week in the fridge does nicely)
make sure to shake the piss out of the bottle to help get the CO2 into solution (I do this several times a day topping off the CO2 each time)

Back