carb-nly 12 bottles from 5 gallon batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc8870

Reaction score
I am going to move my brew from primary (carboy) to corny keg, but I want to bottle about 12 - 16 ounce bottles. How do I go about carbing these? I want to use sugar but how do I figure out how much for each bottle?

is their a sticky or something on this that I missed?

Depends on the beer and what you want to do with it, though. If you want to carb to style, the drops don't provide the fine-turning.

You can use sugar to carb the whole keg if you have 2 weeks to let it condition/carbonate. You can also force-carb your keg, and then with the pressure very low, fill bottles from the tapper and then cap them. This works better for short-term storage. Less air is better. There is also a sticky for a DIY beer gun....

Not sure what you are bottling, but I used 1 tsp per bottle usually for most styles. If you are doing a stout, etc, I would go with half of that or 3/4. Good luck!

i use 8Gr of sugar to 1 liter of beer, and works good. 7 grams to ligth beers, and 10 grams to belgian beers
beersmith help you with this, just fill your keg, and you need to measure how much beer left to avoid bombs.

Back