Can You Keg Wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made Applewine and now I have way too much to bottle so I need to keg. Is this possible? If not what is a good way to contain 20 gallons of wine?

I made Applewine and now I have way too much to bottle so I need to keg. Is this possible? If not what is a good way to contain 20 gallons of wine?

Absolutely I always have an applewine on tap or usually a graff. However applewine is more of a cider. The question is do you drink your cider flat or carbed?

I carbonate mine, so leave it on the same PSI as my beers. If you don't want it carbed you are going to want less, way less. I can't tell you how much because I carb everything including my water. I would hit it with 2 psi then take off the CO2 and let it drift down till you want it to flow again.

My question is how did you make 20 gallons of applewine? I recently made a Mangrove Jack cider and it is sooooo good I want to be able to make something like that on my own.

I keg many of our "everyday" wines. I keep reds on the main floor and whites in the basement, then just dispense into a decanter.

I don't carbonate those wines, so I use just enough c02 to push the wine out of picnic taps. It works great!

I still bottle our "good" wines for the most part, but right now I have 6 kegs of wine as well.

No carb level is just a result of excess CO2 going into solution.
At 1-2 psi anything in a keg should get pushed out without carbing.

If you want to keg w/o carbing, you could use 100% nitrogen, as it doesn't dissolve into the liquid very well at all (from what I understand NONE of it does, but I don't want to be the one to claim that. :D )

How else are you supposed to do keg stands when you're at a sophisticated adult party?

I use pure nitro on mine, and you do get a little bubble, the high end systems use Argon.

Back