Can this regulator be used for beer and for carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hauntedyards

Reaction score
I saw these cheap... could add a gauge at the top of each where the tire pressure gauge goes? They look adjustable but could they go that low?

128722b.jpg

Yes, they will work great just add a low 0-30 or 0-60psi gauge to the top once you remove the pressure release valve. You will also need to plug the end of the red valve as that will be high pressure in from tank.

If you plan on connecting the set directly to your CO2 tank you need to find out if these are primary or secondary regulators. Most secondary regulator bodies are not designed to handle full tank pressure.

A few years ago we sold the high pressure hose assemblies we use on our wall mount regulators by themselves. We stopped selling the hoses by themselves because two customers attached them to secondary regulators and the regulators failed. In one case the back of the regulator body actually cracked, letting 20 pounds of CO2 escape into he house. I don't know how the other one failed - is was something internal.

The point I was making is be careful when adapting used regulators & not just this one.

I saw the high pressure gauge but I also saw the low pressure attached to the right.

And BTW, this looks like a typical Management Regulator which was designed to hook to a CO2 tank with a high pressure hose and it should be OK.

Back