Can I re-chill keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I did a 5g batch, carbed it at 40 degrees for 7 days. Came out decent then I took the keg out of the fridge to clean the fridge and what not and thought I put it back in and didn’t. It’s sat in my garage for 5 days at room temp. Can I still use it and re chill it back in the fridge or will it be terrible?

Yes, you can put it back in. You might notice some degradation in flavor, but I doubt it. Only one way to find out.

You should be fine. Might need to keep it cold for another week or so to finish carbonating.

Did this with a stout for 6 months. Drank in early spring then didn't feel like drinking dark beer so set it aside till about a week ago, and tastes wonderful.
Yes, it will make a difference between lighter style beers(blondes pales ) than dark(stout browns)
No, don't switch them all willy nilly back and forth from cold to room temp a bunch of times.

Back