Can I hold a lager at 50F while...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korndog

Reaction score
I need to let a lager that is two weeks behind another batch catch up before lagering both. Anybody see a problem holding in secondary until second beer is ready to lager?

Thanks

KD

As long as you get it off the primary yeast cake, I don't see a problem with it. It is essentially a secondary fermentation. Most homebrewers combine secondary fermentation with lagering into one step, instead of two separate steps, but it can be done in two steps. I don't recall the exact timing, but I don't think doing it the way you're proposing will be bad in any way.

As long as you get it off the primary yeast cake, I don't see a problem with it. It is essentially a secondary fermentation. Most homebrewers combine secondary fermentation with lagering into one step, instead of two separate steps, but it can be done in two steps. I don't recall the exact timing, but I don't think doing it the way you're proposing will be bad in any way.

Ok, thanks. I guess I will rack to a keg and hold until ready to lager second beer.

Back