Can I cap these bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you could cap em to me. It'd be even easier with a bench capper rather than a wing capper, but it's still possible.

Looks like you could but it all depends on the mouth diameter, and if you can get the right caps. Also keep them out of the light, as they are green glass and more prone to skunking.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Looks like you could but it all depends on the mouth diameter, and if you can get the right caps. Also keep them out of the light, as they are green glass and more prone to skunking.

Cheers

The 12 cases consists of green and clear.... beginning to not want them.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
It looked like you only get one bottle for that price. Or am I confused?

Thats just a representative picture of what I'd be getting. Someone posted 12 cases of these on Craigslist. Green and clear bottles in wooden crates.

Not sure I want them, anyone else? They are in CT.

JoeRags said:
ebay item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...95599813&category0=&submitSearch=Search&fvi=1

Wondering if I can cap them or not... the neck looks a little iffy. Someone posted 12 cases of them on craigslist. I emailed about them, and could possibly work out a deal with some homebrew. Worth looking into?

I dont see why not. Especially with a bench capper. As long as they are not hand blown I think all bottles have standard mouth sizes. I have some bottles from the 1700's that look like they wouldnt take a cap, but im sure I could cork them easily.

Oh and dont worry about green and clear bottles, its all much ado about nothin if you ask me. Its pretty easy to keep bottles out of the light.

Back