Cameo 5500w Gasket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtires

Reaction score
Hi all, i am installing a Camco 5500w ULWD element in my brew kettle. I am using the water resistant box like on the electric brewery. One thing thats different tho is the o-ring set up. The element i got has a black rubber gasket on it, plus i got a nut and an o-ring that fits the nut groove. If i leave the rubber gasket on the inside there is no room on the inside of the kettle to grab threads with the nut. I am putting the nut and o-ring on the inside of the kettle, is this right? should i ditch the black gasket all together? or do i do the 0-ring and a washer in between the box and kettle like on the electric brewery. I did not receive a washer in my element kit.
just a little mixed up is all.

When I built mine, I followed Kal's awesome instructions on his site. It even mentions that he didn't use the black gasket that comes with the elements.

Back